Monday, January 29, 2007

192

Down 14 now. I'm happy about it -- Hubby and my Dad say you can see it in my face. Isn't that amazing? I carried that entire 14 pounds IN MY FACE!!! Hilarious. My clothes are fitting better. When you are just 5 feet 2 inches (if that) it does not pay to carry this much extra weight.

Doing the math, my BMI is 35.1 -- and that means I am officially obese. Normal BMI is 18.5-24.5. Please note -- I'm shooting for the high end of normal! I am not shooting for mini proportions. I think a goal weight of 135 is reasonable. So I have a good 57 pounds to go. If I lose 1 pound per week, I'm just over a year away. It took me years to build this mountain so about a year to take it down seems reasonable at this point.

I'm going slow and steady. If I get to goal and find that losing more is reasonable, then I will reassess my goal. What is strange for me as I journey on to healthy living is how little interest I have in food right now. I used to live to eat -- currently I'm just eating to live. I guess it is because I'm busy with a lot of other things right now. That and lack of sleep has sapped my energy and I don't want to cook. Getting in the minimums of my program for eating is hard right now. The sleep study is in February -- will I make it?

No comments: