Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wake up call?

So my friend calls me tonight to tell me how she has gained 30 pounds in the past year and how she is disgusted with herself. She goes on to tell me how her clothes don't fit, how she doesn't feel as good, and how she hates herself for letting herself go.

I felt like I was hearing what I see when I look in the mirror.

I need to get healthy. I need to not let my busy life be an excuse. I need to get back on track. Grief can only be an excuse for so long... time to suck it up. Business should not be my excuse -- less time means less time to munch!

Tomorrow is a new day. Time to start back at finding me again. I wonder if my friend's call was a sign that I needed a wake up call? She is way smaller than me and is hating herself. She was shocked that my weight is up the same 30 pounds as her.

It would be great to lose weight while my evil sister is pregnant and gaining. Maybe my evil competitive side will help me regain focus. Seeing her motivated me today. Pray that motivation stays with me and is my friend. A little success will bring more success -- the first 10 pounds seems to be the hardest.

No comments: