Monday, August 07, 2006

Break Up Letter

Dear Beer,

I've known you for such a long time. I remember when my Dad went to beer camp -- he came home and told me all about you. He told me of your flavors and varieties (yes, I was over 21!).

I started seeing you more and enjoyed your multifaceted personality. At first I didn't see your appeal, but you grew on my like a fungus. I liked how you could compliment meals and hang with me in social settings. We could spend a little time together and I wouldn't feel like I over did it, or like I was worse for wear the next day (like my old friend wine could sometimes make me feel after even a small date).

But Beer, it has to end. You didn't tell me that you were filled with empty calories. You didn't tell me that you'd give me the midsection of a full time trucker. I feel like you lied to me. You knew what you were doing, but you never put your calorie content on your label. No... you left me to find out on my own.

I see you for what you are Beer. You are empty and unwanted calories. I don't want to see you anymore. Dating you has been expensive. You taunt me with sale prices on your lesser brands while enticing me with the taste of your imports. It is over now. We must break up. I know you will find another unsuspecting girl to tempt with your flavor. I hope the next girl is wiser than me. Next time I run into you I won't keep company with you. You are on your own now. I will try to never miss you.

Sincerely,
grg

The above break up letter was inspired by Sparkpeople. I joined them today as a step toward weight loss and overall good health. I dig the online tracking format a LOT! There is lots of good information there and it is FREE. I love free stuff. If you check it out, let me know what you think -- I'd be interested. Good day!

No comments: