Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dieting Naked

I'm starting a side weight loss blog. This is inspired by Mommy Life's blog entry that really made me think. It was about dieting naked. (Don't worry -- I won't be posting naked pictures while on this diet!)

She has lost 60 pounds since February and said "All it takes is a public acknowledgment of your weight statistics." She then listed her stats.

Here are mine:

Start Weight: 198 on 7/17/06
Height: 5'2"
Lowest all-time adult weight: 117 (in 1986 as a high school senior with an ulcer. I was hot!)
Weight in 1997: 225 (this was maximum density following the birth of my 2nd child 360 days after my first child)
Driver's license weight: 150. I'm such a liar :-(
Current weight: 198 -- hopefully the next time I post an update this number will be lower!)

First Goal: 180 by October 1.
Next Goal: 175 by Thanksgiving
Then: 170 by Christmas
165 by the end of January
160 by the end of February
155 by the end of March
150 by the end of April
145 by the end of May
140 by the end of June

136 is my goal for my sister inlaw's wedding in September 2007.

I've been meaning to start back on losing weight, but I have not put in the effort that I know it takes. I know I'll feel better, have more energy, will reduce pain, and can wear cute clothes again when I lose weight. I want more energy so I can have more joyful times with my family and a longer life. I have not been smoking. Now I must fix this obesity thing...

Wish me luck -- I'll take your prayers too!

No comments: